Research and facilities
Shared Institutional Cores
- Cellular & Animal Imaging
- Flow Cytometry
- Molecular Signatures
- Translational Research
Specialized Core Instruments
- Molecular Devices Spectramax Gemini™ dual-scanning microplate spectrofluorometer
- Bio-Rad Benchmark Microplate Reader controlled by the Microplate Manager software
- Shimadzu UV-1601 UV-Visible spectrophotometer
- Turner TD-20e Luminometer
Additional Instrumental Analyses
- Stratagene Mx4000 RT-PCR instrument equipped with the MX4000 software
- Beckman LX 6000 SC Liquid Scintilation System
Microscopy and image processing
- Leica DMLB Fluorescence Microscope equipped with the Spot RT Slider Camera
- Olympus VANOX-T up-right microscope equipped with two Olympus C-35AD-2 cameras
- Bio-Rad Fluor-S Multiimager equipped with Quantity One software
- Axon Instruments Gene Pix 4000 B microarray scanner
- Agilent 1100 Series HPLC controlled by the Agilent Chem Station software
- ÄKTA™ Amersham Biosciences FPLC controlled by the Unicorn™ software
- New Brunswick Scientific model C25 and Model G25
- Triangle Biomedical Sciences Minotome Plus
- Hitachi Sorvall Discovery M120 SE
- Thermo-Scientific Sorvall RC 6+
- Beckman-Coulter Optima LE-80K ultracentrifuge
- DuPont Instruments Sorvall RC-5B
Contact Dr. Rafael Fridman for more specific information.
The University Pathology Research Service (UPRS)
The University Pathology Research Service (UPRS) is a centralized facility for cell & tissue based pathology studies and technologies. Services offered to Wayne State University and affiliated faculty include:
- Case Identification by Diagnostic Categories
- Retrieval of Pathology Material: Frozen & paraffin embedded archival tissues; slides, blocks, pathology reports.
- Histology: Specimen processing; H&E staining; 'unstained' slides for immuno-staining; tissue 'ribbons' for DNA extraction.
- Immunohistochemistry & In Situ Hybridization: optimize antibodies, microscopic evaluation and scoring.
- Tissue Microarray Construction: multi tissue paraffin block; up to 120; varied diagnosis.
- Laser Microdissection: Isolate cells; specific microscopic areas; both paraffin & frozen samples; for DNA and RNA extraction.
- Collaboration with Specialized Pathologists: bridge to link investigators with pathologists.
Order form (with cost details)
Institutional Review Board approval
Method of Payment
Purchase order number
Dr. Seema Sethi, M.D.
Lab 624, 6th floor
Hudson Webber Cancer Research Center
4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201
8:30 AM– 5:00 PM; Mon – Fri.
Fax : 313-576-9232
Telephone: 313-576-8284 or 313-576-8388
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com