Director, Hematopathology Fellowship Program
Director, Hematopathology Division
1997: King Faisal University, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
2005: Rush University, Graduate College, Ph.D. in immunology, Chicago, IL, USA
2009: Case Western Reserve University, MetroHealth Medical Center, Pathology Residency (AP/CP), Cleveland, OH, USA
2011: The University of Michigan, Hematopathology Fellowship, two-year physician scientist track, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology,
Board Certified in Hematopathology.
Areas of InterestHematopathology Coagulation, and Flow Cytometry
My research interest is in the field of human malignant lymphomas, particularly with respect to the molecular and cellular derangements that are involved in lymphomapathogenesis. My current focus is on examining specific tumor suppressor proteins that are implicated in the pathogenesis of malignant lymphoma by the utilization of functional genomics, proteomic and molecular approaches.
- Hematological malignancies
- Lymphoma, coagulation and flow cytometry
- Gabali AM, Joshua JA, Gregory TS, Larry LT. Activation by inflammatory stimuli increases neutrophil binding of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and subsequent infection of lymphocytes. J Virol, 2004, 78: 10833-10836.
- Anzinger JJ, Mezo I, Ji X, Gabali AM, Thomas LL, Spear GT. HIV infection of mononuclear cells is calcium-dependent. Virus Res. 2006 Dec;122(1-2):183-818
- Gabali AM; Priebe. P, Ganesan, S. Primary Melanoma of Small Intestine Masquerading as Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: A Case Report and Literature Review. The American Surgeon, April 2008, 74 (4): 318-321
- Schmidt BP, Bradrick JP, Gabali AM. Hyperparathyroidism-jaw tumor syndrome: a Case report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 2009 Feb; 67(2):423-7
- Hu D, Gabali AM, Stephen D. Jenson, Megan SL and Kojo E-J. P38 Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Expression and Regulation by Interleukin-4 in Human B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas. J Hematopath 2:195�204, 2009 (First co-author with H.D.)