Krishna Rao Maddipati
Krishna Rao Maddipati
Office Address435 Chemistry Bldg.
5101 Cass Ave.
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI 48202
Administrative ContactBrenda Batts
Phone: (313) 577-8144
Position TitleAssociate Professor, Director of Lipidomics Core Facility
Ph.D. (1983): Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Research Associate, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (1983-85)
Research Scientist, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (1985-89)
Areas of InterestLipidomics, Anticancer agents, PUFA Metabolism
Mass Spectrometry based lipidomics, Anticancer drug development, Bioactivelipid metabolism, and inflammation
Dr. Maddipati is primarily interested in evaluating the role of bioactive lipids, especially metabolites of polyunsaturated fatty acids, in inflammation and related diseases. These include metabolites of ω-6 and ω-3 fatty acids by lipoxygenases such as HETEs, leukotrienes, lipoxins, resolvins, and protectins. Identification of lipid biomarkers in cancer and inflammatory diseases by LC-MS, anticancer drug development targeting arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase, and identification of anticancer and anti-inflammatory compounds in dietary ingredients to provide a biochemical rationale for their beneficial effects are other areas of research interest to our group.
Dr. Maddipati also directs the Lipidomics Core Facility.
- F. Ungaro, C. Tacconi, L. Massimino, P.A. Corsetto, C. Correale, P. Fonteyne, A. Piontini, V. Garzarelli, F. Calcaterra, S. Della Bella, A. Spinelli, M. Carvello, A.M. Rizzo, S. Vetrano, L. Petti, G. Fiorino, F. Furfaro, D. Mavilio, K.R. Maddipati, A. Malesci, L. Peyrin-Biroulet, S. D'Alessio, S. Danese, MFSD2A Promotes Endothelial Generation of Inflammation-Resolving Lipid Mediators and Reduces Colitis in Mice. Gastroenterology 153 (2017) 1363-1377 e1366.
- K.R. Maddipati, R. Romero, T. Chaiworapongsa, P. Chaemsaithong, S.-L. Zhou, Z. Xu, A.L. Tarca, J.P. Kusanovic, R. Gomez, N. Docheva, K.V. Honn, Clinical chorioamnionitis at term: the amniotic fluid fatty acyl lipidome. J. Lipid Res. 57 (2016) 1906-1916.
- K.R. Maddipati, R. Romero, T. Chaiworapongsa, P. Chaemsaithong, S.-L. Zhou, Z. Xu, A.L. Tarca, J.P. Kusanovic, R. Gomez, N. Chaiyasit, K.V. Honn, Lipidomic analysis of patients with microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity reveals up-regulation of leukotriene B4. The FASEB Journal 30 (2016) 3296-3307.
- K.R. Maddipati, R. Romero, T. Chaiworapongsa, S.L. Zhou, Z. Xu, A.L. Tarca, J.P. Kusanovic, H. Munoz, K.V. Honn, Eicosanomic profiling reveals dominance of the epoxygenase pathway in human amniotic fluid at term in spontaneous labor. FASEB J. 28 (2014) 4835-4846.
- K.R. Maddipati, S.L. Zhou, Stability and analysis of eicosanoids and docosanoids in tissue culture media. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediators 94 (2011) 59-72.