(313) 577-1833Fax: (313) 577-0057
Department of Urology,Pathology , abd Oncology
9200 Scott Hall
540 E. Canfield Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
Administrative ContactMarlene Thompson
Phone: (313) 577- 4871
Position TitleAssociate Professor of Urology and Pathology
Ph.D. (1998): University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, USA
1998-2002: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA, in the field of Cancer Biology and Chemoprevention
Areas of InterestCancer
Prostate Cancer, chromosomal alterations, chemokine and chemokine receptors, and cell signaling and metastasis.
1. Chinni SR, Li Y, Upadhyay S, Koppolu PK and Fazlul H. Sarkar, 2001, Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) induced cell growth inhibition, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in prostate cancer cells, Oncogene, 20: 2927-36.
2. Chinni SR, Sivalogan S, Dong Z, Filho JC, Deng X, Bonfil RD and Cher ML, 2006, CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling activates Akt-1 and MMP-9 expression in prostate cancer cells: The role of bone microenvironment-associated CXCL12, Prostate, 66: 32-48.
3. Bonfil RD, Sabbota A, Nabha S, Dong Z, Meng H, Yamamoto H, Chinni SR, Bernardo MM, Lim IT, Chang M, Filetti LC, Mobashery S, Cher ML, and Fridman R, 2006, Inhibition of human prostate cancer growth, osteolysis and angiogenesis in a bone metastasis model by a novel mechanism-based selective gelatinase inhibitor, Intl J Cancer, 118: 2721-6.
4. Bonfil, RD, Chinni, SR, Fridman, R, Kim, H-R, Cher, ML, 2007, Proteases, growth factors, chemokines, and the microenvironment in prostate cancer bone metastasis, Urology Oncol, 25: 407-11.
5. Chinni, SR, Dong Z, Hamilto Y, Bonfil RD, and Cher ML, 2008, CXCL12/CXCR4 trans-activates HER2 in lipid rafts of PC cells and promotes in vivo intra-osseous tumor growth. Mol Cancer Res, 6: 446-57.