Office AddressDept of Pathology, Harper University Hospital
3990 John R
Detroit, MI 48201
Administrative ContactDeborah Jemison, BSB/A
Phone: (313) 745-2524
Fax: (313) 966-8989
M.D. (1984): Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- 1984-1988: Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston, MA
- 1988-1989: Hutzel Hospital, Detroit Medical Center
Wayne State University School of Medicine Detroit, MI
- Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Areas of InterestPlacental pathology, fetal pathology, gynecologic pathology
Dr. Jacques interests focus on placental pathology, fetal pathology, and gynecologic pathology. Her research is primarily in placental pathology, including viral and bacterial infections, abnormalities of membrane rupture, and placental vascular abnormalities. Her interests also include fetal congenital anomalies and genetic disorders, with emphasis on diagnosis in the second trimester of pregnancy and correlation with the ultrasound findings. Her research in the area of stillbirth has focused on fetal neuropathological abnormalities and associated placental abnormalities.
Placental pathology, fetal pathology, stillbirth
1. Jacques SM, Qureshi F. Intraplacental choriocarcinoma without associated maternal or fetal metastasis, 2011, Int J Gynecol Pathol, 30:364-365.
2. Jacques SM, Qureshi F, Kim JC, Lee JH, Giorgadze T, Mittal P, Hassan SS, Romero R, 2011, Eosinophilic/T-cell chorionic vasculitis: A clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 51 cases, Pediatr Dev Pathol, 14:198-205.
3. Lee JH, Romero R Dong Z, Dong Z, Xu Y, Qureshi F, Jacques SM, Yoo W, Chaiworapongsa T, Mittal P, Hassan SS, Kim CJ, 2011, Unexplained fetal death has a biological signature of maternal anti-fetal rejection: Chronic chorioamnionitis and alloimmune anti-human leukocyte antigen antibodies, Histopathol, 59:928-38.
4. Jacques SM, Kupsky WJ, Giorgadze T, Qureshi F, 2012, Fetal Central System Injury in Third Trimester Stillbirth: A clinicopathologic study of 63 cases, Pediatr Dev Pathol. 15:375-384.
5. Qureshi F, Jacques SM, 2012, Cloacal abnormalities in male fetuses, J Ultrasound Med, 31:2046-2047.