Paul Tranchida, M.D.
Paul Tranchida, M.D.
Wayne State University
Department of Pathology
3990 John R. Road
Harper University Hospital, Detroit Medical Center
Detroit, MI 48202
Administrative ContactDeborah Jemison, BSB/A
Phone: (313) 745-2524
Fax: (313) 966-8989
Position TitleAssistant Professor
MD degree: 1998, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- 2004 Detroit Medical Center, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- 2006 Henry Ford Hospital, Pathology Informatics
- 2007 Henry Ford Hospital, Cytopathology
- 2010 Detroit Medical Center, Surgical Pathology
- Board-certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology,
- Board-certified in Cytopathology
Areas of InterestSurgical pathology, Cytopathology, Breast Cancer, Pathology Informatics
I am interested in preoperative fine-needle aspiration diagnoses of thyroid lesions.
1. Preoperative cytologic diagnosis of papillary thyroid carcinoma with mixed columnar cell and tall cell features. Tranchida P, Bernacki E, Budev H, Giorgadze T. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012 May;40 Suppl 1:E4-7. doi: 10.1002/dc.21616. Epub 2011 Jan 6.
2. Dual color multiplex TTF-1 + Napsin A and p63 + CK5 immunostaining for subcategorizing of poorly differentiated pulmonary non-small carcinomas into adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in fine needle aspiration specimens. Sethi S, Geng L, Shidham VB, Archuletta P, Bandyophadhyay S, Feng J, Madan S, Shi D, Tranchida P, Giorgadze T. CytoJournal 2012;9:10
3. The Bethesda System thyroid diagnostic categories in the African-American population in conjunction with surgical pathology follow-up.
Archuletta PA, Gidwani R, Husain M, Johnson T, Shidham V, Alzohaili O, Bandyopadhyay S, Feng J, Shi D, Geng L, Tranchida P, Giorgadze T. CytoJournal 2012;9:7
4. Cytology follow-up analysis of the bethesda system - Thyroid diagnostic category follicular lesions of undetermined significance (category III) in African Americans versus non-African Americans Archuletta PA, Gidwani R, Alzohaili O, Samantray J, Feng J, Shi D, Geng L, Tranchida P, Husain M, Shidham V, Giorgadze T. 59th Annual Scientific Meeting (November 2011) by American Society of Cytopathology (ASC)
5. Cytologic diagnosis of recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma with oncocytic change twenty-one years post-thyroidectomy: Case report and review of the literature. P Tranchida M.D., J Estigarribia M.D., S Sethi M.D., T Giorgadze M.D., Ph.D. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011 Sep;39(9):641-6.