Department of Pathology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
Phone: (313) 577-1102
Ph.D. (1984): Osmania University, Hyderabad, AP, India
1984-1988: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
1988-1990: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Areas of Interest
Cancer stem cells, Breast cancer, hormones, growth factor signaling, cross-talk, and drug sensitivity
1. Xu L, Yin S, Banerjee S, Sarkar F, and Reddy KB, 2011, Enhanced Anticancer Effect of the Combination of Cisplatin and TRAIL in Triple-Negative Breast Tumor cells. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 10: 550-557.
2. Yin S, Xu L, Bandyopadhyay S, Sethi S, and Reddy KB, 2011,Cisplatin and TRAIL Enhance Breast Cancer Stem Cell Death. Int. J Oncology 39: 891 898.
3. Reddy KB , 2011, Triple-Negative Breast Cancers: An updated review on treatment options. Current Oncology 18: 173-179.
4. Wong C, Wang X, Smith D, Reddy KB, Chen S: AKT-aro and HER2-aro, models for de novo resistance to aromatase inhibitors; molecular characterization and inhibitor response studies. Breast Cancer Res. and Treat. 134: 671-81, 2012.
*5. Yin S, Xu L, Bonfil RD, Banerjee S, Sarkar F, Sethi S and Reddy KB: Tumor Initiating Cells and FZD8 play a major role in drug resistance in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 12: 491-498, 2013 [this paper was featured as a highlight by the editors for that issue].
6. Yin S, Rishi AK and Reddy KB: Anti-estrogen resistant breast cancers cells are sensitive to cisplatin plus TRAIL treatment. Oncology Reports 33: 1475-1480, 2015.
7. Muthu M, Somagoni MS, Cheriyan VT, Munie S, Levi E, Ashour AE, Yassin AEB, Alafeefy AM, Sochacki, Polin LA, Reddy KB, Larsen SD, Singh M, and Rishi AK: Identification and testing of novel CARP-1 functional mimetic compounds as inhibitors of non-small cell lung and triple negative breast cancers. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 11: 1608-1627, 2015.
8. Reddy KB: MicroRNA (miRNA) in cancer (Review). Cancer Cell International 38: 1-6, 2015.
9. Ahmad A, Ginnebaugh KR, Yin S, Bollig-Fischer A, Reddy KB and Sarkar FH: Functional role of miR-10b in tamoxifen resistance of ER-positive breast cancer cells through down-regulation of HDAC4. BMC Cancer (in press)
← Return to listing