Department of Pathology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
Phone: (313) 577-1102
Ph.D. (1984): Osmania University, Hyderabad, AP, India
1984-1988: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
1988-1990: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Areas of Interest
Cancer stem cells, Breast cancer, hormones, growth factor signaling, cross-talk, and drug sensitivity
*1. Yin S, Xu L, Bonfil RD, Banerjee S, Sarkar F, Sethi S and Reddy KB: Tumor Initiating Cells and FZD8 play a major role in drug resistance in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 12: 491-498, 2013 [this paper was featured as a highlight by the editors for that issue].
2. Yin S, Rishi AK and Reddy KB: Anti-estrogen resistant breast cancers cells are sensitive to cisplatin plus TRAIL treatment. Oncology Reports 33: 1475-1480, 2015.
3. Muthu M, Somagoni MS, Cheriyan VT, Munie S, Levi E, Ashour AE, Yassin AEB, Alafeefy AM, Sochacki, Polin LA, Reddy KB, Larsen SD, Singh M, and Rishi AK: Identification and testing of novel CARP-1 functional mimetic compounds as inhibitors of non-small cell lung and triple negative breast cancers. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 11: 1608-1627, 2015.
4. Reddy KB: MicroRNA (miRNA) in cancer (Review). Cancer Cell International 38: 1-6, 2015.
5. Ahmad A, Ginnebaugh KR, Yin S, Bollig-Fischer A, Reddy KB and Sarkar FH: Functional role of miR-10b in tamoxifen resistance of ER-positive breast cancer cells through down-regulation of HDAC4. BMC Cancer 15: 540, 2015.
6.. Yin S, Cheriyan VT, Xu L, Rishi AK, Reddy KB: Myc mediates Cancer Stem-like Cells and EMT changes in Triple Negative Breast Cancers Cells. PLOS One, 1-11, 2017.
7. Venkatesh J, Rishi AK, Reddy KB: Novel strategies to target chemoresistant Triple-Negative Breast cancer. Genes & Cancer 11, 95-105, 2020.
8. Reddy KB: Stem Cells: Current Status and Therapeutic implications. Genes, 11(11):1372. doi: 10.3390/genes11111372.1-11, 2020.
← Return to listing