Faisal Qureshi, M.D.
Faisal Qureshi, M.D.
Dept of Pathology, Harper University Hospital
Harper Professional Building, Suite 824
3990 John R
Detroit, MI 48201
Administrative ContactDeborah Jemison, BSB/A
Phone: (313) 745-2524
Fax: (313) 966-8989
Dr. Qureshi practices general surgical pathology with emphasis on perinatal pathology, particularly in the area of placental pathology and fetal pathology. Other interests of Dr. Qureshi also include gynecologic pathology and pathology of soft tissue and bone.
M.B.B.S.(1974): King Edward Medical University School of Medicine, Lahore, Pakistan
- 1976-1980: DePaul Hospital, Bridgeton, MO, USA
- 1980-1982: State University New York, Buffalo, NY, USA, in Surgical Pathology
- 1982-1983: Christ Hospital, Oak Lawn, IL, USA, in Surgical Pathology
- 1983-1985: The Children’s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA, in Pediatric Pathology
- Board-certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Medical Education Responsibilities
Training faculty for the Pathology Residency Program at the Harper University Hospital
Teaching Faculty for the Pathology Assistant Program
Areas of InterestPlacental pathology, fetal pathology, gynecologic pathology
Placental pathology, fetal pathology, unexplained fetal demise
1. Qureshi F, Jacques SM, Reyes MP, 1993, Placental histopathology in syphilis, Hum Pathol, 24:779-784.
2. Jacques SM, Qureshi F, Kim JC, Lee JH, Giorgadze T, Mittal P, Hassan SS, Romero R, 2011, Eosinophilic/T-cell chorionic vasculitis: A clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 51 cases, Pediatr Dev Pathol, 14:198-205.
3. Lee JH, Romero R Dong Z, Dong Z, Xu Y, Qureshi F, Jacques SM, Yoo W, Chaiworapongsa T, Mittal P, Hassan SS, Kim CJ, 2011, Unexplained fetal death has a biological signature of maternal anti-fetal rejection: Chronic chorioamnionitis and alloimmune anti-human leukocyte antigen antibodies, Histopathol, 59:928-38.
4. Jacques SM, Kupsky WJ, Giorgadze T, Qureshi F, 2012, Fetal Central System Injury in Third Trimester Stillbirth: A clinicopathologic study of 63 cases, Pediatr Dev Pathol. 15:375-384.
5. Qureshi F, Jacques SM, 2012, Cloacal abnormalities in male fetuses, J Ultrasound Med, 31:2046-2047.