The University Pathology Research Service (UPRS)
The University Pathology Research Service (UPRS) is a centralized facility for cell & tissue based pathology studies and technologies. Services offered to Wayne State University and affiliated faculty include:
- Case Identification by Diagnostic Categories
- Retrieval of Pathology Material: Frozen & paraffin embedded archival tissues; slides, blocks, pathology reports.
- Histology: Specimen processing; H&E staining; ‘unstained’ slides for immuno-staining; tissue ‘ribbons’ for DNA extraction.
- Immunohistochemistry & In Situ Hybridization: optimize antibodies, microscopic evaluation and scoring.
- Tissue Microarray Construction: multi tissue paraffin block; up to 120; varied diagnosis.
- Laser Microdissection: Isolate cells; specific microscopic areas; both paraffin & frozen samples; for DNA and RNA extraction.
- Collaboration with Specialized Pathologists: bridge to link investigators with pathologists.
Order form (with cost details)
Institutional Review Board approval
Method of Payment
Purchase order number
Dr. Seema Sethi, M.D.
Lab 624, 6th floor
Hudson Webber Cancer Research Center
4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201
8:30 AM– 5:00 PM; Mon – Fri.
Fax : 313-576-9232
Telephone: 313-576-8284 or 313-576-8388
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com