Basic Research on Metabolic Diseases
Metabolic abnormalities underlie many of the pathologies associated with cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and many other disorders. Within the Department of Pathology there are numerous groups whose research is highly related to some aspect of metabolic regulation. Specific research interests of our Pathology groups include:
- Adipose tissue cell and molecular biology
- Novel obesity and diabetes therapeutics
- Metabolic genetics and inherited metabolic disorders
- Insulin resistance and diabetes
- Energy homeostasis
- Biolipid metabolism and inflammation.